When looking for airsoft tactical gear, you should always keep three things in mind: design, quality, and value. When selecting the right tactical vest, look for a good fit that allows freedom of movement, convenient storage, and heavy-duty construction. A high value vest will deliver both great design and construction, without stripping your wallet. Below is a quick guide for selecting the perfect tactical vest for your airsoft needs.
- Design. The right design should adjust to your frame and allow you to move around easily. It will also be made of rugged yet breathable materials so you won't overheat during intense tactical movement.
- Durability. A high-quality vest will withstand long-term aggressive activity and provide a degree of protection when under fire. It shouldn't tear, fray or snag in normal airsoft play conditions. Look for solid construction as well as premium zippers or Velcro. Purchase from a reputable airsoft retailer with a solid return policy. If the vest feels too flimsy for your needs, return it for something more rugged.
- Storage. The main purpose of a tactical vest is storage. Make sure the vest accommodates the gear you need to carry, be it rifle and pistol magazines, pistols, field necessities, bb speedloaders, canteen, or other supplies.
- Color. Tactical vests come in a variety of camouflage and colors. You can choose tan, woodland, or even a swat team style assault vest. It all depends on the type of airsoft activity you plan on using it for and the type of terrain you want to blend with.
- Extras. A sniper shoulder pad and additional utility belts increase your vest's versatility.
- Cost. You do not need to over-pay for an ultra-rugged, high-quality vest. While some stores will try to charge you more than $100, you can easily find a high-quality yet cheap airsoft tactical vest for less than $50.